Sunday, August 29, 2010

Kindness by Mail

"If we make our goal to live a life of compassion and unconditional love, then the world will indeed become a garden where all kinds of flowers can bloom and grow." -- Elizabeth Kubler-Ross

Idea of the Week

"My aunt, who is a very young 70, was recently diagnosed with Alzheimer's. The diagnosis has been shattering for her and it's probably reasonable to say she's been going through a bit of depression. She tells me she cries herself to sleep at night. I wanted to try and cheer her up a little bit. She's out of state, so I went shopping and bought a ton of funny cards and, every three days, I mail a card out to her. I write little funny notes inside each card, sometimes on the envelope, too. The other day she called me and said with a smile, "I want to know, did you recently buy stock in a card company?" Maybe if you have a relative who needs a 'pick-up', or a sick neighbor, or you know a new mother, you could (anonymously) shower them with cards. I get a kick each time I send one to her. I know she's enjoying them, too. I don't want her to forget that I love her."

Today's Tip: Send someone a handwritten card today to brighten their day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to seeing how you made a difference today!