Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Crossing Bridges of Celebration


Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing. -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

~~~~
Inspiration of the Day:
As I was nearing my 75th birthday I was wondering, what can I do to celebrate this? I heard about this woman who tap-danced across a bridge, and I thought, this is what I'll do! So I pursued getting a permit. That was a very complicated process. You wouldn't think you'd have to have a permit to dance across the Golden Gate Bridge. There was a lot of bureaucracy involved, an insurance policy, a permit, [laughs] but that didn't prevent me from doing it. Not to make a big thing about the physicality of it. It's only a little over a mile. It's not that big a deal. Well, it might be for some seventy-five-year-olds. But with the Brooklyn Bridge I said, forget about the permits. I'm just doing it. If I get arrested, I'll just get a lot more publicity. But basically, there are bridges to cross, bridges to burn, bridges to build, bridges over troubled waters, bridges to nowhere-our whole life is based on kinds of bridges isn't it?
http://www.dailygood.org/more.php?n=4226

~~~~
Be The Change:
Challenge yourself: try stepping out of the routine to do something physical that's fun.

1 comment:

  1. Howdy Kat
    I really enjoyed this post .
    Thank you for sharing sweet lady.
    God bless you and yours .
    Until Next time
    your Texas sister
    Happy Trails

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to seeing how you made a difference today!