Saturday, August 21, 2010

Beginning a New Life


Bread for myself is a material question. Bread for my neighbor is a spiritual one. -- Nikolai Berdyaev

~~~~
Inspiration of the Day:
When one woman runs into a childhood neighbor, she falls to tears after learning the hardships that have cast a shadow over his life. After his parents died, he lost two older siblings. He had become a husband and a father, but found himself lost for meaning. "Fighting back tears, I asked him if he needed some help getting back on his feet. He said he wanted to start a small business of his own. And so, I then gave him some money which I must say, he has wisely used. Last week he came to see me... He said from the amount that I had given him, he had made a significant profit which he has reinvested in his business. The young man is now happy, able to take his son to school and pay for his rent." And the happiness came full circle as the woman beamed at the opportunity to serve, and the possibilities of transformation.
http://www.dailygood.org/more.php?n=4201

~~~~
Be The Change:
Strike up a conversation with a neighbor today. Ask them how they are doing and let them know you care.

1 comment:

  1. Very Inspiring story Kat, thanks for sharing, I was truly blessed. Fred Rogers was very inspiring too!
    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to seeing how you made a difference today!