Monday, June 14, 2010

Food For Thought

Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you'll start having positive results. --Willie Nelson

Inspiration of the Day:
When I worked in a busy office, most of my co-workers kept jars of candy on their desks to enjoy and share with others. Constantly battling the "bulge," I hated these temptations, but nevertheless often gave in to them. Finally, I decided to put out a jar of my own "feel good" stuff, with no calories. I bought a beautiful jar and spent one whole weekend at home cutting up colorful strips of paper and writing inspiring quotes on them. I filled the jar with quotes and placed it on my desk for people to help themselves to. It took a while to catch on, but soon, everyone was stopping by for my "food for thought" jar to fill up on something much better than empty calories! [ more ]

Be The Change:
Start a "Food for Thought" Jar in your workplace.

2 comments:

  1. Looks as if we need an Inspiration Jar here at home as I have been far from being inspired for quite a while. I just wanted to write a quick note to say how proud I am of you trying to lift everyone's spirit in these trying and desperate times. I know you try so hard to inspire me and lift me up when I am feeling down and sad. I want you to know that I need inspiration from within and I need to continue to walk with God for my inspiration and I have been neglecting that except for church on Sunday morning.

    I am trying to stay inspired by seeing how much you have changed over the past few months. You are such a wonderful woman and wife to me that I would be lost without you. So is I don't tell you enough, I love you and adore you!

    Love your Hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Kat~

    I just LOVE this! I thin I a going to make some of these for gifts! :> )

    Thank you for sharing this idea!

    Blessings~
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to seeing how you made a difference today!