Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Lunch Break

I got this is my email and had to pass it along. Please enjoy it!

"I was on my lunch break in the city, enjoying a salad at an outdoor cafe, when a disheveled homeless lady came walking towards me. She was yelling and begging everyone who walked past her for spare change and she looked like a mess. My instant reaction was fear... to close off and hope she didn't come near me, but she did. I was on the phone and when she came over yelling, I said, 'I'm on the phone,' in the nicest way I could, assuring myself what she needed was a lesson in manners. After all, that is rude to interrupt someone and I have very little money as it is, if she only knew and on and on... She walked away, mumbling, 'I'm annoying you. I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I'll leave.' And she turned the corner." [ more ]

Today's Tip: Try to push beyond your comfort zone to make a difference for someone else today.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kat
    Blessings sweet lady .
    Yes manners matter ,as well as not getting stuck in our own chosen comfort zones.
    Wise words today !
    Thank you for sharing with us .
    I love visiting your love inspired sunshine filled blog.
    Your beautiful spirit is so refreshing .
    Today it is cold ,raining and really odd for the first day of Spring in central Texas.
    We have snow flurries forecast for later this afternoon and overnight :) yep snow flurries !
    Happy First Day of spring my friend.
    Have a wonderful weekend !
    Hugs from Texas
    Happy Trails

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to seeing how you made a difference today!