Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Sharing Hearts


I found a website that sells tiny pewter hearts which are not too expensive, so, I bought a batch and I keep a couple in my pocket most of the time.

Whenever I find the opportunity, when I am out in stores, at a yard sale or at work or anywhere really, I will ask the person I am speaking with to give me their hand. I put two of those little hearts in the palm of their hand saying, "Keep one and pass the other one on."

The responses I get are amazing! If I had won the Lottery there would not be bigger smiles or more excitement. Everyone immediately wants to tell me who is getting the other heart; someone with cancer, their child who was grumpy this morning, and so on.

A little sharing really makes people happy!

P.S. In my other pocket I carry dog biscuits so even their canine friends can be happy!


2 comments:

  1. Hey! I love your new site, but I wanted to let you know that I have a hard time reading the font unless I highlight it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kat that's so sweet. I bet you get some wonderful responses. And I love the one about carrying around a little treat for the canine friends.
    What a sweetheart (literally) you are.

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to seeing how you made a difference today!