Sunday, November 21, 2010

Flowers of Kindness

"I want it said of me by those who knew me best, that I always plucked a thistle and planted a flower where I thought a flower would grow." -- Abraham Lincoln

Idea of the Week

"I cut some flowers growing in my yard, wrapped them up nicely and left them on the doorstep of some random house in my neighborhood. I rang the door bell and quickly ran off. A while later I walked by and saw the flowers still there. I went and picked them up because I didn't know how long the people who lived there would be away for and by the time they got back, the flowers could be wilting. I went to find another house. I saw an elderly couple leaving from their home on a walk. It was the perfect place! Once they were out of view I dropped the flowers off. I was riding back when I saw them again. They were on their way back home. I can't help but wonder what their expressions would be when they discovered the flowers. It was an awesome thrill and I loved it! I'm excited to do other acts of kindness!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to seeing how you made a difference today!