Monday, February 22, 2010

A Juicy Way to Help!

Just another great inspirational story I got in my email this morning and had to share for those of you that read this blog!

"When the rain stopped, I felt like it would be perfect to go for an evening walk. I woke up my friend, who had broken her arm a month ago and was waiting for the cast to be removed, as I thought a walk would make her feel fresh too. Our walk led us to a fruit juice shop. As I was taking my last sip of tropical mango juice a little boy came running in to get some juice and seemed to be in a hurry. The little one did not realize that tinned juice cost a bit more than fresh juice. When he realized that he did not have enough money to buy it, he started to walk back to his Dad to get more money. It looked like they were in a hurry and did not want to miss their bus. I called the boy and gave him the canned juice and paid for it. The boy accepted it, smiled, thanked me and ran to his Dad. They both waved at me as they got onto the bus. It was a small incident that made me realize that it isn't difficult to mak yourself happy. You just have to do small acts of kindness and brighten another person's day."

Today's Tip: If you see a need like the one above, jump in and fulfill it! It truly will make a difference in the lives of those you help!

1 comment:

  1. I love that! Beautiful story :) I bought some cards yesterday that said, 'The good things we do for each other are good things we do for God.'

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to seeing how you made a difference today!