Monday, May 30, 2011

Keeping Smiling At The Office

I love it when people find interesting ways to keep people smiling at work. Here's another great idea that would be wonderful to incorporate.

"Kindness is never wasted. If it has no effect on the recipient, at least it benefits the bestower." -- S. H. Simmons

Idea of the Week

"I have been sending out Smile Cards with little gifts around my work place for about six months. Since I place the gifts in our inter-office mailbox, I never know who gets them or see their reactions. As I place gifts in the mail box, I imagine people's reactions and it makes me happy to know that maybe I am making someone's day a little brighter. Today, I actually got to witness the reaction. Apparently, one of the little gifts I left in the mailbox this morning made it's way to a co-worker of mine. Today's gifts was a little cloth kleenex holder that you can leave in your purse and a yarn flower bag tag, so my co-worker, a guy, passed it along to another female co-worker. I heard them talking as they figured out what it was and why they had received it, and they started discussing the whole concept of "paying forward". I later heard her talking and brainstorming on what she would like to do. It wa exciting to hear others get excited about the "pay it forward" concept and hear their ideas."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to seeing how you made a difference today!