Wednesday, January 6, 2010
10 Tips for A Positive Attitude
1. Remember that you can’t control other people’s actions, but you can always control your response. Life is 10% what happens to us, and 90% how we react to it. (Read 1 Peter 3:16)
2. Everyone has troubles, and God’s Word says to rejoice in those sufferings.
Difficult times are only part of life, not our whole life, so remember to thank God for the blessings, while dealing with the issues. (Read 1 Peter 1:6-7)
3. Pray for God to help you do a self examination to see if you are harboring any seeds of negativity and pessimism in your heart, and if God reveals something to you that needs improvement, pray for His strength, courage and ability to deal with the root causes for those emotions, and fill your heart with God’s love instead. (Read Ephesians 4:26-27)
4. Regardless of what may have happened in your life, do not live your life as a victim. Strive to achieve the victor mentality that God empowers us to have through His strength. Make the choice today, and one day at a time, to have a positive attitude, and look for the good things in your life and future, not just the unfortunate things from the past. (Read Ephesians 2:22-24)
5. If you are unhappy about things or circumstances in your life, pray for God to change those things if it is within His will, and then expect to begin seeing Him at work. Remember that nothing is impossible with God. (Read Proverbs 3:5-6, and Mark 10:27)
6. Believe that God redeems you, despite your past, and that He loves you, despite your pain. Remember there is always a purpose for our pain. (Read Psalm 130:3)
7. Focus on gratitude. Spend some time listing all of the good things in your life, and all the blessings God has given you. Pray and ask God to help you have a heart of gratitude. Focus on Him, and not the things of the world. (Read Hebrews 12:28, and 1 Thessalonians 5:18)
8. Stop letting other people's negative attitudes affect yours. Negative attitudes can be contagious. Ask yourself - is my attitude worth catching?Then ask God to help you change your attitude, and be strong in your optimism even when the people around are you are not being that way. The key to success lies in the asking. (Read Philippians 2:5)
9. Stop thinking that you don't measure up. Comparing ourselves to others is a sure-fire recipe for self condemnation, defeat and low self esteem. Remember that you were made in the image of God, beautiful, unique and precious. (Read 2 Corinthians 10:12, and Psalm 139:14)
10. Just breathe, and believe that God knows the desires of your heart. He knows of your desire to have a Christ-like attitude; that you try, but often fail; that you need strength, guidance, healing and forgiveness. His mercies are renewed every day. Trust in His grace and mercy. (Read Psalm 139:1-4, Lamentations 3:21-22, and 1 Corinthians 4:16-17)
Today's Tip: Consider donating blood if you are capable of. You could save a life!