Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Never Giving Up Hope

Not all acts of kindness have to be well-thought out or planned. Here's one perfect example of how going above and beyond provided a family with the perfect gift. ~ Love and Hugs ~ Kat

**************************************************

Last week, I was out getting the mail and noticed a dog crossing the street that looked oddly familiar. I went near the dog to see if it had a tag or if I recognized it to see if I could find the owner. When I got close to the dog, I realized that that same dog was the dog that my neighbors had lost 4 years ago.

A few months ago, these neighbors moved out of my neighborhood, but that wasn't going to stop me finding them! I remembered they moved to Minnesota. I spent the rest of the day searching all of the people with their last name in the Minnesota area. Finally when I was starting to give up hope, I called the last number. I couldn't believe it, it was them!

I told them of how I found their dog that went missing 4 years ago..They thought it was to good to come true. They immediately flew down to Florida to re-unite with their dog, and were absolutely shocked. They told me God has answered their prayers. They offered me a fairly large reward, and even though I really needed the money. I said no. Seeing the happy faces of them with their dog was as rewarding as it could get.!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful story. Miracles definitely do happen.

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to seeing how you made a difference today!