Sunday, March 13, 2011

Paying It Forward

"When you are kind to others, it not only changes you, it changes the world." -- Harold Kushner

Idea of the Week

"I need to drive in order to be able to get to work, so when my car's engine 'blew up' recently, it was a real disaster for me. The insurance company would not cover the cost of the repairs and I didn't have the money to pay for it myself. It was beginning to look like not only would I lose my car, I might also lose my job! Then unexpectedly, a friend who had heard about my situation somehow, without even being asked, sent me a check to cover the cost of the repairs. What made this more amazing was that I had only know her for a few months! In the accompanying letter she explained that when she had been my age someone had helped her out of a difficult situation - now it was her turn to help someone else. She said she hoped that when I was in a position to help someone else one day, I would pay it forward to them. This incredible gesture made my day and my year!"

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful blessing. Not many people would do that as times are so bad. It never ceases to amaze me how miracles just tend to pop up all around us.

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to seeing how you made a difference today!