Sunday, September 25, 2011

Kindness of Strangers

Sharing a story that just popped in my email and I hope you all enjoy it. A reminder that no deed of kindness goes unnoticed.

"The consciousness of loving and being loved brings a warmth and richness to life that nothing else can bring." -- Oscar Wilde

Idea of the Week

"I was six years old and in foster care. My foster mother was not the kind of person I would have chosen to stay with. One morning she sent me to the store for a sack of flour. On the walk back home I was doing what any six year old would have been doing -- playing. Because of that I dropped the sack of flour and it burst open spilling the flour all over the ground. I knew that this meant I would be in big trouble when I got home. A driver saw the distress on my face and pulled over. He came over to me and asked what was wrong. I told him that I would probably get the beating of my life if I went back without the flour I had been sent for. He took me by the hand and led me back to the store where he bought me a new sack of flour - and some candy! Then he wiped my tears and sent me on my way home. I never told my foster mother about the kind gentleman but later twenty-three years old now and I still remember him and his kindness."

1 comment:

Looking forward to seeing how you made a difference today!