Friday, September 17, 2010

Snowmen Show Kindness


The ones who are hardest to love are usually the ones who need it the most. -- Dan Millman

~~~~
Good News of the Day:
There is an elderly man who lives up the street from us. He has no one to shovel his driveway. he is a bit of a miser so most people aren't so inclined to help. One day, I don't know who did it, but someone used the snow on his driveway to make a whole bunch of smiling and waving snowmen on his lawn. As my son and I were walking by, I could hear him grumbling. "What's the problem?" I asked. He complained that someone had trespassed on his lawn and made a bunch of snowmen. My son, not knowing what 'trespass' meant, assumed it was a good thing. "Wow, sir, that's the biggest bestest present I've ever seen!" Innocently, he turned to me and asked, "Could we have someone 'trespass' on our lawn too?"...
http://www.dailygood.org/more.php?n=4259

~~~~
Be The Change:
Be kind to someone who may need it today.

3 comments:

  1. Out of the mouths of babes, Kat, enjoyed this .
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great story. Sometimes, there are folks that just need a bit of attention to see life from a different view. It is the little things that can really make a difference. The man may not have shown it at the time, but I feel sure he was pleased someone took the time to say a kind word to him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That story is just terrific. Sometimes it takes the innoncence of a child to make a great point loud and clear - no sinical thoughts behind. Brilliant story.

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to seeing how you made a difference today!