Sunday, January 30, 2011

Simple Ways Of Kindness

"Dig within. Within is the wellspring of Good; and it is always ready to bubble up, if you just dig." -- Marcus Aurelius

Idea of the Week

"A few years ago my family and I were in the line waiting to grab a bite to eat at Kentucky Friced Chicken. There were three kids in front of us, that looked to be in middle school. I noticed they were scraping their purses and pockets for change to pay for their meals. They managed to pay for it and I was glad. As I watched, I had an idea. While they were quietly waiting for their food, I told the cashier that I wanted three gift cards in the amount of $5.00 each. She handed me the gift cards and I went to the children and said: "Your next lunch meal is on me," and gave them each a $5 gift card. They were so happy and thanked me a lot. One of the girl's said, "I can't wait to tell my mom this about this!" I just smiled and told them to enjoy their day. They were so happy they were bursting with joy. You can tell they appreciated a stranger showing an act of kindness that day. Even a small gesture lik this can make an impact in children's lives."


What a great idea this was to share with all of you today. Even in talking with my teens so often this is a real issue with them and I can only imagine just how blessed they would be to have this happen to them. Remember beginning February 14th starts Random Acts of Kindness week and would love to share all your ideas here. ~ Love and Hugs ~ Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to seeing how you made a difference today!